NEW YORK —Koby McEwen made a layup with 27 seconds remaining and Theo John had a big block in the closing seconds to lead Marquette to a 73-71 win over St. John’s on Saturday.
#### More Marquette coverage
- Photos of the Week: Bucks, Badgers and Golden Eagles take the court
- Carton scores 23 points, but Marquette falls 68-61 to DePaul
- McEwen, John come up big at end to lift Marquette over St. John’s
- Midweek Stock Report: Bucks’ Middleton races to hot start
- Garcia ties career high with 20 points as Marquette beats Providence 79-69
After McEwen’s drive down the left side of the lane, John swatted Vince Cole’s drive. The Red Storm got the ball back but a desperation 3 at the buzzer was off the mark.
D.J. Carton posted 14 points to lead the Golden Eagles (8-6, 4-4 Big East Conference). Greg Elliott and Justin Lewis added 13 points with Lewis grabbing and seven rebounds. Dawson Garcia had 11 points.
Julian Champagnie had 20 points for the Red Storm (7-7, 2-6). Greg Williams Jr. added 15 points. Posh Alexander had eight assists and five steals.