According to Nielsen, the Bally Sports Ohio’s 2021 Blue Jackets regular season averaged a 2.07 household rating in Columbus, which is the third highest ever for the Jackets.
- Highest rated season in franchise history was last season (2019-20) which finished a 2.23 HH
- Second rated season in history is the 2016-17 season (2.09 HH)
- Fourth highest rated season is their 2008-09 season (1.86 HH), when the Jackets had their first playoff berth.
2020-21 Season Ratings highlights
- Twenty telecasts drew a 2.3 HH or higher rating.
- The highest-rated regular season game in 2021 was January vs. the Chicago Blackhawks (3.1 HH).
- The 2nd highest-rated game came on Jan. 14 when the Jackets opened their season in Nashville (2.94 HH).
- The two back to back games vs. the Blackhawks on Feb. 11 and Feb. 13 share the third highest rated games of the season with a 2.87 HH.
The 2020-21 season also marked the 20th in Columbus Blue Jacket history and the 20th in which Bally Sports Ohio (formerly FOX Sports Ohio) served as the television partner for the club. To commemorate the occasion, Bally Sports and the Blue Jackets aired a special 30-minute show unveiling the “Columbus Blue Jackets All-Time Team” as voted on by current and former players, broadcasters, local and national media members, as well as promotional vignettes highlighting numerous team milestones over the past 20 years.
Additional Off-the-ice stories
- The 20-year story of the Blue Jackets Foundation’s Hats for Heroes program
- Dave Maetzold highlighted the awesome work that the Columbus Ice Hockey Club and Ohio Blind Hockey are doing for players who are blind or visually impaired.
- Kids correspondent Jacey Snyder sat down with Cam Atkinson
- Jeff Rimer sat down with Monsters head coach Mike Eaves to learn about future Jackets
- The story of how in-arena host Mike Todd brings the sounds of the crowd to home games without fans
- Jody Shelley reminisced with Ron Tugnutt about the earliest days of the Blue Jackets franchise and the camaraderie that has carried on for over 20 years